Ter Scott Promotes NO FEE SPEAKING

This is a post that I'm placing in my web improvement blog, so I guess I'm "promoting" that blog (http://terscottwebtips.blogspot.com/ and maybe I am promoting my new web page (or my no fee speaking, for that matter): www.terscott.com/nofeespeaking. At any rate, I'm all about helping my readers so I this can help you in creating your website, get more visitors or promote your product and service, then I've done my part. Read on:


Recently I created a new webpage on my www.terscott.com site to promote my speaking without a fee to charities and qualified businesses. My point to the reader here is that when you create a page (you can title it for the search engines and people browsing the Internet) but one needs to be careful in the words chosen for the label of the page (the part the follows the / sign, for example: www.terscott.com/speaker).

If you have attended my seminars or in-class workshops (www.terscott.com/blogability, www.terscott.com/getpublished, and www.terscott.com/webimprovement; to name a few) you may have heard me state that we need to be careful in creating our website domain names and our email address (I will be speaking more on those things specifically elsewhere).

So in the same way as when one is creating a domain or email address, I spent some time in creating the web address for my “speaking at no fee” page. First I didn’t want to use the word “free” anyway, and as a professional speaker who usually charges a “fee” to speak, the words “for free” sometimes denotes “cheap”, “nonprofessional” and psychologically gets the reader thinking in the “wrong” direction.

But more importantly, I do not like using the word: “for” in anything on the Internet unless I have a very good reason. It tends to confuse readers. Is it: 4, for, fore, four, etc.? So I did not use “speakforfree” after the “/” mark. I chose to use www.terscott.com/nofeespeaking. You can check the page out for yourself, and of course, you’ll see details on how you can get a finder’s fee for any lead that results in a booking for yours truly!

As I mentioned, I will be offering tips on making your email and website domain addresses more memorable and easier for your customer to remember. I just went through a few in my research to find sites to offer my speaking services. For now, I hope you’ll find this information of interest.

Make it a great day!

Ter

No comments:

Post a Comment